Saturday, June 17, 2023

Father's Day Weekend Good AS Any To Make This Confession...

 I have tee shirts older than most of my children. Now you know I have never seen Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, 38 Special or the Ronnie Van Zant Band but back about 1985 I was at Mardi Gras in New Orleans and I saw the Neville Brothers (don't recall the venue) and I purchased one of their "Mardi Gras to the World" shirts in black and I still have it. I have it and when Mardi Gras rolls around I pull it out and wear it. I'm a dangerous man. 

So happens that the latest t shirt I bought also has some near greater New Orleans statistical area connections. I bought a shirt from one of my favorite YouTube, "Outside the Levees" which is based in St. Bernard Parish, La. It's a good looking shirt and even my wife, who thinks I have too many t shirts thinks it's a good looking shirt. 


On this tee shirt is a very nice picture of a catfish in a Hawaiian shirt wearing sun glasses while an alligator serenades him with a guitar and all this happens while riding in an aluminum flat-bottomed boat. That's all pretty heavy because like Luca says, "I eat catfish," I have a couple of catfish tattooed on my belly as part of a larger work of art, I spent most of the day this picture was made watching the gators swim past the very spot where I stand, I do play guitar and my dad taught me all kind of things while sitting in a flat-bottomed boat.

I like the videos Jared Serigne and crew make on Outside the Levees. They are simple without a bunch of technology or difficult techniques, there are kids involved and sometimes they don't even catch what they started out fishing for but usually adaptation is made and then the catch is cooked and a great easy recipe is shared at the end of the video.

Sometimes my fishing trips go a lot like this:


Several of the Neville Brothers have passed on. Some of the others have cut back on performing or don't even live in New Orleans anymore. I still can't remember where it was I saw them that time but I recally the first time I saw them was at the old Jimmy's Bar at the end of the street car line. A Mardi Gras to the World tee shirt of 1983 vintage costs about $23 on ebay and there's probably shipping. I did not pay much more than that for my Outside the Levees shirt.  

 https://account.venmo.com/u/Carl-Wallace-23      

  

 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a very interesting human being! Love all your posts, music & stories. ✝️God bless you & Cathy & may you make more memories together.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, this is Edna.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

Thanks for reading!

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Doc Roland said...

I still have Tee Shirts from The Cars, Jackson Browne ( Pretender Tour), Grateful Dead, Doobie Brothers Farewell Tour in 1983 ( yeah, right), and some others. Back then I was medium to large. Now I'm X- Large so they live in a vacuum bag.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger