Saturday, May 20, 2023

The Fried Catfish, Hushpuppy and Eggplant Fishing Report...

In the past 30 hours or so I have attended a kindergarten graduation, a dance recital and a soccer game. After lunch today we went fishing and took Luca, Ezra and brother in law Matt along for the adventure.    

When we first got there we were approached by a Texas Parks and Wildlife boat doing a catch survey. We had not even made a cast yet and they said well we only check people who have been fishing longer than 30 minutes. I said come back, we've caught hundreds of catfish from this spot over the past several years. 

They never came back. The fishing turned out to be a little slow. Cathy blamed me because I bragged to the TPW guys. I suffered her cries ringing in my ears, "you a Jonah, you a Jonah," but they finally started to bite a little on punch bait and earth worms fished under slip corks in 6' of water. We ended with 13 cats.

My fishing log shows us catching deep this time of the year in past times so we may give that a try next time.   

Ezra says he ate all the fish he caught. 


So much going on in this photo I don't know where to start. A trailer house and a helicopter in the background. A kid with a mullet and my brother in law who just bought a lake front property between the Cassels Boykin boat ramp and the 147 bridge. There will be other blogs about all this.  


The I've fried and gone to heaven supper. Fried catfish, made from scratch hushpuppies and friend egg plant. 



 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger