Monday, May 29, 2023

Benefit for Anne...

 


Our good friend Anne, who Cathy has known since the late 70s when they were roommates and I have known almost as long recently had a serious heart episode. It looked pretty grim  for a while and I think her recovery serves as a reminder to us all that miracles do still happen. If you don't know Anne I'll just use this blub from the go fund me page created to get a van for her since transferring to drive her old car is not going to be an option: 


   If you know Anne Kelly-Keehnen, you know she has been a paraplegic for 40 years, but that it hasn’t slowed her down at all. If you don’t know Anne, she is a devoted mother, grandmother, sister and friend to all. Anne is a pillar of service and strength to her hometown of Nacogdoches, Texas. There, over the years, she has served as a teacher, a counselor, a Girl Scout leader, a camp counselor, and an original founder of the women's shelter. Anne is in constant service to her community.


Friends, family and community came together yesterday in a benefit concert at the Fredonia Brewery and rumor has it that with the outpouring of generosity monies required have been raised through the contributions of the Brewery, the generosity of friends and items donated in the raffle. I can't even begin to name all the people that helped so the best I can do is publish these photos of the musicians. 

Another great thing about the day was getting to hang with so many old friends including the ones that do not get their blog character photos on here much but continue to keep in touch by reading what I publish.  

  













One more photo of us. It is my blog and other than Cathy holding a catfish I am the main character. 


It's a wonderful world. There are good people and good things happen all the time.  





    

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger