Friday, June 16, 2023

It Always Happens When It Starts To Get Hot...

 When the weather starts to heat up watch the police report in your local paper. Usually someone get arrested for being in the drive through at Dairy Queen naked. I can see the chain of events that leads to this. It's hot, you are dressed for the weather, very comfortable and decide you want a dip cone. It's easier to forget to put on clothes than you think. If your local paper still carries national news flip to that section. Some ex government official who probably has on clothes has become hot enough to break the story, again, that yes Dorthey, they do have alien spacecraft, alien corpses and more proof that they have been visiting us for years it their possession. 

I wrote a song about this back about 1983 and I've probably blogged about it before but I have this theory expressed in poetry that aliens have been coming here a long time. They initially took cavemen up in their craft and then things got all messed up when the generals, the politicians, the scientist, the lawyers and the Republicans started being the ones to ride. See the cavemen, in case you may be a creationist is a metaphor for artists, poets, musicians, and just generally the good people in the world and I hope you get it because if you are thinking all those others are the good ones then you won't get it. This song goes so far back with me that I know people get it because any girl I every told this story to has gotten it, my kids get it because they know all the words by heart, the best man at my wedding got it because he knows all the words by heart and I have been fortunate enough to have backing musicians that get it because they will accompany me when I play.   

I do speculate that "they" may be breaking us in slowly before they start touring around debris that represent an alien craft destroyed on ground impact like it was some Bonnie and Clyde Death Car. Just remember I have been breaking you in since 1983.  Here's a clip from a couple of weeks ago. 


If you like that tune it's for sale on my bandcamp site for a buck. If you really get it and like dip cones hit the link below: 



      

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger