Monday, November 06, 2023

Tribute to Guy Clark at the Live Oak Listening Room...

There were many nice musical things to see this weekend in the East Texas area. There were professional acts, plays, marching bands, a old time music festival, downtown celebrations and more. I was only able to make it to one show and it was at the Live Oak Listening Room. It was local musicians putting on a show in remembrance of the great Texas singer songwriter Guy Clark

If you don't know the Live Oak it is an old church where some fun minded folks live but turned the sanctuary into a listening room. With the help of others sharing the same "Nac Tribe" vision they host a season of local and pro touring bands. There's no admission but donations are expected and before the music there is a meal so bring your best pot luck. There is no reserved seating so grab an old church pew or settle into a comfortable couch and be ready to dance when the groove gets good.      


I'd try to name all the folks involved but I'd probably leave out a name so enjoy the photos. 


If you don't know Guy Clark and call yourself a Red Dirt/country music fan you need to school up a bit. All the groups each performed two songs and it was a deep dive into his catalogue. Still left room for many favorites like two of mine, Rita Ballou and Cinco de Mayo in Memphis.   


There was a final "all star" jam with all musicians onstage. 


I think I bought Guy Clark's "Old Number 1" album in 1975, the year it came out. 



Check out the Live Oak. Nov. 11 you can see the Evelyn Rubio Band




 There is a lot that goes into making a viable music community for playing and listening. There is no other venue like this in town. Thanks again to all who make these shows possible. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger