Monday, November 20, 2023

We Will See About That...

 I dream almost every night. Usually I can relate these dreams to something that's on my mind, anxiety caused by some job I had one time decades ago, or if a water dream I awake with a powerful urination urge. In the case of the water dream it's a good thing to wake up but I get tired of the other ones waking me and setting my mind on busy. I told Cathy I would ask the doctor for something to make me not dream. She said don't do that. It's a red flag. Don't need those. My doctor does not have to doctor on me very much but sometimes when they do start doctoring on you things can get sideways. 

Last night I dreamed me and Cathy were going to a music festival. It's something we often do. We had on our festival clothes. If you don't know what festival clothes are the woman wears something which in the words of my dad, "you can see up it, down it or through it" and the men wear a crazy hat, a colorful shirt or no shirt and shorts shorter than what you might wear to a ball game or some place like that. We parked the car and walking in we spotted a hippie taco place and as in ever conscious senior citizens on a fixed income in search of a bargain mode we decided to eat there to avoid the premium priced festival food. 



Going to certain festivals can be a culture. You plan for it ever year, get on the internet message boards, buy the early bird tickets and in this taco place we sat with people we knew and had met at the festival before. Everybody ordered tacos, refried beans, chips and queso cheese. 

Everybody except me. I've noticed sometimes places like this have an item on the menu that is so out of whack with everything else that either no-one ever orders it or it is the most exquisite especial that you will ever taste. You don't have much time to make this decision. If the server says "do you need a minute" we all know this means I'll be back in an hour because this guy has done messed up the preparation sequence of ultra processed food service which in a hippie place like this we know means that yesterday's charro beans are today's refireds. So I made the split second decision to order the chicken fried steak with spicy sauce. 

Everyone else got their food. I had chips and salsa, bites of Cathy's tacos and munched on appetizers. The chicken fried with spicy sauce never came but I got full on that other stuff. When the waitress, a blond hippie girl with wide set blue eyes came I said "we need the check but cancel that chicken fried steak with spicy sauce. I never got it." She said, we will see about that."  

I woke up. It still needs to be seen about and maybe that's what I am trying to do here. 


    

      

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger