Tuesday, April 02, 2024

Chicago Trip...

We made a trip to Chicago this past weekend to see Kathie, Peter, Wallace and Hamish. It was the final celebration of the long drawn out winter holiday known as Wallace Christmas. Our Chicago family were grounded by a big storm on the date they were heading to East Texas for a more seasonal timed celebration but late is better than never when it comes to celebration. There was also the added bonus to have Cathy's sister Margaret, Kevin Grayson and Addison in for Grayson's volleyball tournament.  
Here's the gang hanging out for a meal at Miller's Pub. It was a favorite hangout of people like Marilyn Monroe and Jimmy Durante where they were in town. It was Good Friday and Lent so I had the fried haddock. No word on what Marilyn liked to eat there.  

Late Christmas presents flown in just for you! 

Sitting around in the PJ's just like Christmas morning. Being it was Easter weekend we even went to church


I drove to the airport for my gas guzzling flight in my hybrid but I rode around town in the Tulloch's EV and made use of public transit when I could.  

We saw several games at Grayson's volleyball tournament and it reminded me of the tournaments we used to go to in the old Taekwondo days


We took a few walks to the park for outside play and sitting on the play ground watching the grandkids I got some fishing tips from a guy that said he often fished the quarry pond there. They were pretty much like fishing tips you get anywhere, use a plastic worm, a rattletrap, a frog. Maybe next trip I'll brig some baits of my own. 

A nice visit and good to see the grandkids but winter still hangs on in Chicago. The trees are not quite leafing yet and temps at night dropped to the 30s. On arriving back home I soaked in the hot tube and sat on the back deck till I was dry. 

Everyone should travel and see distant family. It makes coming home sweeter.  



 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger