Friday, March 24, 2006

More Pictures...


Ok, the pictures, here is some more.

Drums and Tuba again from a different angle, might not be the last picture you see of these guys since I like tubas. Notice the yawn on the young lady partially hidden by the pole who just happens to be my youngest daughter, kids are bored so easy these days, I mean you take them to something like SXSW and look at them. The other lady in the picture happens to be my wife, Cathy. The look on her face says, "Carl is going to want to try this shit at home."

Notice the accessory to your right under the tuba players elbow, no tuba worth his salt gigs without one.

Here are the Castanets, weird looped guitar with surreal poetry that made no sense. I kind of liked them. Notice the Fender Bassman combo in use by the female bass player on your left. Don't see that amp used as a bass amp much these days and I kind of like some of these bands that are trying to get starteds use of nontraditional gear. It was a borrowed amp, I later talked with its owner and he said she blew a speaker. That is a Fender Mustang the guitar player has, a student model guitar in the early 70s.

Also saw a group, My Brightest Diamond, (remember that name, I think you will here it again) didn't get a real good picture of them, but the bass player used a Fender Deluxe as a bass amp. Rule of thumb these days is 300 watts for bass, a Deluxe is 22 watts. Course it was also through the PA, so he did it for the tone he wanted, it was plenty loud for the crowd.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger