Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A small revolt...

Seems that while I have been preoccupied with other matters I let the endless supply of sunflower seeds that the local squirrels had grown used to run out. This led to uprising and discontent among an otherwise quite population that normally goes about their business of seed shelling with a single mindedness that we have grown to associate with republican lobbyiests.

I was not at home when the danger was at its highest, by the time I arrived on the scene the revolution was somewhat blunted by the afternoon heat when squirrels like to nap but Cathy reported the mornings events to me.

The squirrels know when I keep the seed supply and are not above checking on it if I am not prompt with refills. Cathy said the disturbances began with squirrels coming up under the carport, and when finding no sack of seeds calling and chattering about the wrong being committed. They were also on the deck. They intimidated my little dog, made him a nervous wreck. He thought they were about to breach the walls of the house where who knows what carnage would be carried out. There was actually destruction of property, they wrecked a small bird feeder that Mary had given me for my birthday. It was not really convenient for them to dine at and they made it so.

Anyway, when I went back to town later I bought seeds. It took about 20 minutes for the first one to arrive and dine. Hopefully the population will be easier to manage today when their full bellies make every thing right in their world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger