Monday, August 28, 2006

Allen TKD Tournament Results.

Went to the Allen Texas TKD Tournament this weekend. It was held at South Fork Ranch Convention Center, the South Fork Ranch house is the place made famous by the TV show Dallas. I never watched that show and can't say I am particularly proud of the way Texas was represented there, but those are the facts folks.

Mary did great again, 1st place sparring, no competition at all. Made it look easy. Also did a good form, tied for 3rd on that and when that happens they get a chance to do forms again to break the tie, but could not prevail on that. She is doing 3rd degree form, it's hard and has only been doing it maybe 4 months so her work is just starting to show.



Morgan took 3rd in his weapon form, the jong bong, or long staff. It was the first time he competed that form.

His other stuff, forms and sparring, he won one and lost one sparring, looked good. Tough competition in his ring. Here is a shot of his form.

Here is Mary doing form.

I competed for the first time I think in almost two years. Second and third degree Black Belts 40-49 years old, I was likely the oldest guy in the ring. There was one other guy, I have competed against him for years now, I might be four months older than him. I did not place, but like Mary I was in a four way tie for third in forms and even though I did not break the tie it was good to know I could bring something that was competitive to the tournament. Sparring I was doing alright, Jumped out 2 points to 1 then it was tied at 3 and then I forgot to block a head kick and that gave him 5 points and match. Sorry no pictures, they got it all on video. For $15 I'll send you a tape.

I think may be besides me all of the adults from our school placed. I saw several of the kids doing well also.

Here is a shot left to right, of Master Phrumjunction (spelling?) from Longview, Master Olford from our school and Master Niblock from Round Rock call points in a 4th and 5th degree sparring match.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger