Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fall weekends...

I guess outdoor stuff is just on my mind. I don't think we have had the boat out since school started. That's too bad. Fall is such a great time of the year to be out. I have spent my weekend working and studying. May be that will change next fall.

Take for example Friday afternoon at the grocery store in Huntington Tx. Seven out of 10 people had on camo. Trailers loaded with 4 wheelers in the parking lot. Everyone seemed extremely well equipped. A bright shiny day and deer season not even open yet. May be they held that ember of expectation in their hand as they they stocked up on ice, beans, sausage, and toilet paper. No doubt looking forward to next season if the wet dry thing goes through and they can buy beer at the same place they get all this other stuff.

By this time of a Saturday night the ember might be dim. I can imagine, out of beer, stuck in the mud, knocked a hole in the boat, 4 wheeler won't start, out of bullets, fat buddy ate all the sausage, used all the toilet paper and then dipped up all your snuff. Hey I know these things, just like I know all things, I feel see and radiate experience.

Here is me from a couple of years ago, radiating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger