Monday, November 27, 2006

Dreaming...

I woke up dreaming of electric sheep. That's not true, I was really dreaming of basal ganglia. I just said that so you would not think me strange. The basal ganglia is something I study in school, so I have an excuse, not for being strange, but for thinking about it. The basal ganglia, not being strange.

The basal ganglia (BG from now on for your own sake) is in the brain. If you have problems with it you may have Parkinson's Disease. I know all the names of the parts but am not sure what these parts really look like. Maybe in lab this week I will donate my brain so my classmates can see the BG. I would kind of think that they would poke around in there saying stuff like "I think that's it," and then they would just throw it in the trash with their left over fast food lunches, an ignoble or noble end depending on your view I guess, which ever is a common feeling brought on by the which side are you own mentality left by the last election.

Since I can't see the BG and every book seems to have a noble or ignoble view of it I draw a circle on a sheet of white paper. The circle is about the size of a half dollar and it represents the brain and I draw a vertical central sulcus dividing it into cerebral hemispheres. I pull a booger from my left nostril. I break the booger into six or so pieces to represent all the various BG parts, the putamen, the caudate, the GPI and GPE, the sub thalmic nucleus and the substantium nigra, (it's the black part of the booger where the dolphimine is made) and arrange them evenly in the middle of the circle around the dividing line. Looks pretty good to me. I forget for a minute these are booger pieces and I see the little jolts of neurotransmitters fire back and forth never missing the target. The booger pieces dance as they say, "Me, me activate me!" I am learning now, I study hard.

I wish I was six years old and had show and tell today at school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger