Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mudbelly's Smoked Duck recipe...

Took three wild duck fresh killed. I skin them and cut them open right down the back bone. Marinate in woostishire to your hearts content.

Stuff with sliced apple.

Use a wrap of bacon to secure a big slice of onion right on top with slices of jalapeno pepper stuffed in all around right next to the meat.

Smoke on grill, not right over the fire, but slowly for two hours. I felt like the fire went out too soon so at the end of two hours I put them in the oven at 300 degrees for an hour.

For a light Thanksgiving day lunch the breasts were sliced into thin strips and served cold with boiled shrimp, smoked oysters, raw veggies, cheese, crackers and dips.

They might have been the best duck I ever cooked.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Straight it was the best duck ever!!!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger