Thursday, January 18, 2007

First day at clinic goes well...

I could have took the day off it turns out because the Kilgore campus was closed due to ice. I did not know that till later, but it was fine since I got a walk on Tuesday.

Due to the ice all morning patients canceled. It was a good time to go over my checklist of skills. I was grilled from about 10am till noon, kind of like a lab test. At the end my CI said, "I'm impressed, I'm really impressed." So that was really good for me to disgorge everything in my brain. Sometimes I am not sure it's really there you know what I mean? Did that thing I learned catch and stick in a crevice up there? Will I be able to extract it when I need it? Looks like I can.

Of course that means it's there in my head in a text book kind of way, it needs to be tempered with experience and thats what clinic is for. Couple of years people will think I have been a PTA forever. Looks like I am really on track for what I need to know for the license exam.

Hours look like they kind of vary due to patient load. I'm in at 7 this morning, but might be out by 2:30-3:30. Things are also out of the ordinary because this is a husband and wife PT practice and they had a baby Monday. Really I like it because things are kind of hectic.

Makes it exciting and that is what we are all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger