Monday, January 15, 2007

Mr. Holt has lung transplant...

Mr. Holt, one of our Taekwondo instructors had a lung transplant. He had a condition that had been aquired through his work so it was good to see his number come up.

This picture is him competing at worlds about 5 years ago when he made state champ in the double bong man hee.


Here is an email, written by Mr. Prather, another TKD student with all the details I know:

in case you haven't heard, Lawrence Holt had his lung transplant on Saturday morning & the surgery went well. I just spoke to his son-in-law Eric that he was staying with in Marshall. Eric said that there were a few new complications & he had to have a blood transfusion last night. If they are not able to get the bleeding to stop then he might have to go back in tonight for more surgery. They said he was awake, aware & writing notes to them. He is a very strong man but he has a long way to go before he is out of the woods. I'm sure he could use all the encouragement from all of us that he can get. If everything goes well he will have to stay in the Baylor University Med. Center Hospital for at least 10 days & then for about 3 months in an apartment next to & owned by the hospital before he can even think about coming back to Lufkin. We all need to keep him in our thoughts so please pass this information on to everyone.

Please keep Mr. Holt in your prayers. He is a very good man.


Posted by Picasa
"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger