Friday, April 27, 2007

I suddenly have to go to Kilgore Today...

I was real productive yesterday. Home after clinical, mowed the yard, studied a bit for the board exam and about 9pm I was about to haul out an electric guitar for some good loud fun right before bedtime.

A flurry of telephone calls erupt. On the house phone, on the cell phone, the email dings. It's my classmates. Seems almost everyone overlooked the fact that the case study papers are due today. So the lines are buzzing. I have my paper written, so no problem there. I call my teacher and her lines are buzzzing. She has another student on. I ask permission to email. She says no. So I got to drive. And go to clinical.

I guess I had assumed the paper was due in class next week when I return for a week of activities there before graduation. My fault for that assumption. Could not be a worse day to take time from the clinic. There will be a couple of new patients today and one PT is off for a funeral. So we will be busy. Maybe I can make it up there and back during lunch. The drive is an hour and we are usually slack from about 11:15 to 1:15. It's an hour drive from Doches. So I should just make it.

I did have to break my Wal-Mart boycott last night when I ran up there at 10:00pm to get a folder to put my paper in. First time I have been there in about 4 years. Then it took me a little less that an hour for one final proof read and to put it all together. Took me longer to go to sleep because I got all keyed up it the sudden dash to action. That old reticular activating system (RAS) and maybe a little sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight) kicked it may have take me longer to go to sleep that to finish the paper.

It's heck I tell you to have all these signals and chemicals rocking around inside and know what they are. I sometimes wish I was just crazy.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger