Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mary is gone again...

Mary has had a busy schedule of late. One weekend it's a tournament. Next it was a confirmation retreat. Now she is gone with the band (the high school band, not Los StratKats) to Disney World. I don't think there is any performance involved, I wish there was, nothing like taking the show on the road, but at least they will have a good time.

With her gone so much lately it has been kind of a preview of how it will be around here in about two years or so when she graduates. You know the rules, the children are able to recite them from heart. The little voices chant in a singsong fashion, " move out, move out, when you are 18 you must move out." There also is that unwritten rule that if you act an ass, you could be asked to move out before 18. The is when it chant in my best night screaming voice, "move out move out, you must move out."

Of course there are various service plans you may buy into. You can work and pay rent. You could go to school. Involved in all possible plans is the clause that you do not act like an ass.

I had a call last week. It was Katie in Chicago. Said said that they do not like it there. They are thinking about moving back to Austin sometime this summer. I called Cathy and said, "Katie and Travis are moving home." Next time I make a statement like that I promise to do it in person so I can put body language and nuance to my meaning, kind of like I do on this blog. She thought I meant to our home. Luck for her she was able to jump start the heart without emergency team help when I said, " No silly, their home in Austin." Thought I was going to have to give her mouth to mouth. Again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Dad I DID mean home with you guys:)

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger