Monday, August 06, 2007

Band Camp...

Mary left for band camp yesterday. She was getting pretty silly in the car driving up there. I thought, just giddy with anticipation of a week with her buddies. When I got home I noticed the loaf of bread she had made a sandwich with. It had that good green mold on the crust. So I guess band camp got off to a bang with the ingestion of fungal spores. I bet the rest of the drummers were jealous they did not get any. Anyway she must have handled it pretty well, no calls to come get her from the band directors and no other drummers called asking for me to bring the bread.

I told Mary, since she is co section leader this year that the best way to teach the glide step to the freshman, that smooth step off move that the Panther Band is famous for is to get each freshman to hold an egg between their cheeks and when they can step off into a march without breaking the egg they have mastered it. After that you can move on to using the egg as a teaching tool for mastering other marching fundamentals. At the end of band camp you can make a big omelet with any unbroken eggs left.

I feel a little bad sometimes, some parents take off from work each year to go help out with band camp, all the kids I have had in band and I have never done that. Course I kind of had an excuse the past couple of years, I was at a camp myself. Carried an egg of sorts between my own cheeks.

So I told Mary, "If any of the band boosters ask about me, tell them that I have locked myself in my room and I do nothing but play the tuba day and night, never stopping to eat or sleep. Have not been out for weeks" Mary said, "They never ask about you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger