Tuesday, December 09, 2008

More Big Slough Pictures...

I might tell you that I like going hunting, but what I really like is sitting around in the river bottoms. It's relaxing and quiet, with the only sounds mostly birds and the occasional unseen crashing in the brush when you manage to startle the occasional unseen Big Foot.

I think I Mentioned an ongoing contest at the Museum for Neches River bottom land, flora and fauna. In these shots I thought I might capture something worth wild, but I don't think this is it. I thought this picture it might look good with the straight log offset to the side.





Here you see early morning fog over the big slough. Use your imagination to fill in the sound of wood ducks squealing as they look for a place to land.







Is that a big foot stepping behind that tree?

Speaking of big foot, here's a good site:
http://www.texasbigfoot.org/
Be careful here, not all are sympathetic to this great creature. If my wife finds me doing research on this site she sharply directs me on to other activities.

Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger