Wednesday, August 08, 2012

China Town....



Just a few photos from a recent visit while we sit around here twiddling our thumbs waiting for the next big thing to happen. Prior to our visit to Chicago's China town I used my friend Google images just to get an idea what things looked like. All the photos that displayed were some variation of this street. 

Good thing I'm not a scared isolationist wanting everything to be spelled out in plain English. Signs in Chinese were everywhere. In Chicago they even have an area called Ukrainian Village. Guess what language. Don't say Russion, I bet there is more than one dialect.  On my way to Mass one Sunday morning I walked by an Eastern Orthodox Church that was Serbian. Probably in communion with the Roman Catholic Church I could have attended and received Holy Communion. But back to the subject at hand, let me show you how to handle these signs.

"Hey, I'll have one from column A, two from column B and put extra cheese on that burrito."    Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger