Thursday, March 21, 2013

Everything You Need?...

Cathy asks this question as she sits at the Oyster Bar in Felix's French Quarter restaurant. Eat raw oysters, drink tomato juice and wear the shells for clothes or at least earnings and I think you would have a diet rich in nutrients and fun. 

Felix's has always been one of our favorites for raw oysters. Nice little bar to sit at with easy access to spicy condiments and great big oysters makes it for me. They do have a kitchen cooking stuff but I have not eaten cooked food since they took the great bacon wrapped oyster loaf off the menu. That might have been a hurricane causality  because things, decor and menu changed after that event. 

Right across the street is Acme Oyster house. The line was out the door. It's been on the food shows. It's good, and I might eat a fried dinner there but for a few quick dozen I'll take Felix's. 

Shucking our oysters is Anthony. He kept up a personal history while he worked. Born in 1966 I think he said he was shining shoes in the Quarter by the early 70s. Moved up to tap dancing on street corners after that. Kind of left some gaps as to what happened between tap dancing and the shucking gig but he was good at his job which is as it should be for all of us.  Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger AH Group said...

That's really interesting.
Check out more: Visit ahgroup-pk.com!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger