Monday, August 19, 2013

I Got Bit...



I have been on a beach vacation with no internet. I know you have been missing the hour by hour reports. But now I have something new to report on hour by hour. On Saturday morning wading in from the surf in less than knee deep water I suffered  a puncture wound caused by a sting ray or a gafftop catfish.

At this point we think sting ray although I always expected a sting ray to bring you to your knees with pain. That really did not happen till the next day when I could bear less than 20% weight on my left foot. Here is a photo after a Sunday morning trip to the urgent doc. I was laid up all day Sunday. By the way I got antibiotics and a couple of shots at the urgent doc. One shot was in the butt. They said my skin was thick back there but I think you knew that.






Here is the foot a few minutes ago. Mary, the nurse made the first picture. I made this photo. I know from my old hospital job where I made plenty of wound photos that a PTA can make a wound look a lot worse than a nurse can in a documentation photo.

I have a follow Up with my doc tomorrow.


Here are my nurses in a makeshift nurse station. They did a good job as did Matt and Miguel Sr. who loaded all my fishing gear for me. Thanks to Miguel Jr. for hugs and to Rose for the trip to get take out sushi. That's not the doc's orders the nurses are looking at. It's the sushi menu so it's kind of like doc's orders.

I did find out something. When everyone at the beach house sees you can't walk good they first grab the iphone and post to facebook BIG MAN DOWN!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you have a speedy recovery.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger