Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Surf Fishing...







Ok, thanks for prayers, well wishes and many volunteers who offered free sharp debriedment services. My foot is better. It's also uglier and my doc wants me to take tomorrow off work as a precaution. Barring a down turn which is not likely I should be hobbling around the nursing home on Thursday. My doc said the urgent care doc did all the right stuff and that I will be awarded his patient of the month award. So in the meantime here are my award winning fishing photos. 

Cathy's cousin Michael fishes the surf as a shrimper passes. 


Juan does not wade deep when he fishes. He stays at the first gut. The beach is made up of several guts or ditch type structures separated by sand bars with the second gut being where you want to fish although I have caught bull red in the first gut. I was hit by the sting ray shallower than Juan stands here. 

Cathy's brother Matt lands a small hammer head shark. 






Cathy's dad wades out with a surf rod. He gets the longest surf rod award. 













My best fish of the trip a 24" Spanish Mackrel. I would not pick the mackrel as table fare at restaurant but I do like them fried fresh at the beach. 


My go to saltwater lure. It was given to me by Peter and comes from British Columbia. In the one fair day of fishing we had I caught speckled trout, sand trout, skipjack ladyfish and spanish mackrel on it. Near by were some waders with live bait and I think I was doing as well as them on the throw back undersize trout. I guess you could call this the tiki pattern and as you can see the toothy fishof the surf are knocking the paint off of it. 




A keeper mack caught by Morgan. Cathy's brother John also fished but at about the time I was being eaten by a sting ray so sorry I was too busy to get a photo of him.    Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger