Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Look at it Like I am Managing Your Career...

This is one of my bad habits and it might seem a little mean. My wife thinks it's going to sooner or later get me beaten, shot or worse. Considering it's my declining years and the fact that the picture I have in my mind of myself running away and the reality of trying to run at all might be two different things. Anyway if you read here you know what I do. When I see something that needs a picture taken of it I take it. Sometimes it's a person, sometimes it's a person's stuff but I think that because it's the digital age and that people are already putting stupid pictures of themselves out there for the world to see I am going to be ok with keeping on doing this for awhile yet. In fact think of it like I am managing your career. 

One night I was really tired of walking so when I beheld this sight in the parking lot of a local truck stop I thought that my riding days were about to begin. There's money to be made on a dumb dog photo. I'm talking royalties, residuals, long evergreen cash when that picture and it's subject go viral. Here's the photo. 
It's a great shot. I take it and approach the car with the standard contract that I keep ready to be signed for situations such as this. I'm not greedy but just in case this dog hits the big time because his photo appeared on this blog I get 10% of all earnings. Dog looks over contract. Refuses to sign. I say "why not." 

Suddenly two more dogs look out the window and Mr/ 1st dog explains how Mr. dog 2 and 3 have come to be hooked on the fried pies the truck stop sells and he don't think that with my 10% taken out he will be able to afford the burden of his pal's addiction. The math just does not work for him. I am not sure math ever works for a dog but it seems these canines have a human that buys the fried pies and no amount of fame gained from the internet, talk shows and nude photo lay outs will be even a fraction of worth compared to the two legged benefactor that simply goes inside and buys the fried pies. 

I'm still walking, maybe coming your way. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger