Monday, July 07, 2014

Jam Session at the Fish Fry...

At the Wiley family wild rumpus/mom's 90th birthday/fish fry weekend we had a jam session at my house. Me Morgan and Cathy played and we had a couple of new people, my cousins wives Becky and Connie sing and play with us. Nice to have new people over for a jam. It brings out new songs and helps keep you on your toes and out of your own musical rut. 
Here's a photo by my cousin Beverly of the stage set up. Left to right, Connie and Becky, Cathy, Morgan and me. 
These photos are by Connie. This one shows how much my guitar matches my boat. Come to think of it my tuba would match my boat also but of course tuba goes with everything.
In the background Buddy and Betty jam on percussion. 

There was a big jam where percussion instruments were passed out and every one took a solo on an old jug band tune about box cars on your mind. Ali and Jessica solo. 
Cousin Dixie is on the list as substitute drummer next time I need one. 

Donnie bangs two stick together. I think he knows what he's doing. 

Hey tambourine Becky! Play a song for me. I was sleepy but woke up now. 

My mom griped a bit because I played too many honky tonk songs and embarrassed her in front of the relatives.  Looks like she might have adopted a can't beat them so join them rhythm.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger