Monday, January 26, 2015

Clouseaux...

Clouseaux is a Houston Band playing spy/sic-fi/lounge music. We saw them when they opened for Deke Dickerson and Los Straitjackets last week.  Cool music with good horns, spacey guitar, otherworldly vocals and lots of percussion. 

The trumpet player on the right is someone we saw last summer. I can't recall the band's name but he has a nice sound that he adds a little reverby effects to and that band had dancing girls. I'm a bit partial to bands with dancing girls but I think I did like this band better than that one. 
When the band got started the singer seemed to be warming up his pipes with a kind of hummed melody that complemented the flow of the song. Cathy was impressed at this first tune and thought this was a really great way for a singer to warm up the pipes before really kicking it in. Turned out he sang all songs like this sort of belting out a third wordless horn part while shaking a percussion instrument. 
In fact we thought since the Houston light rail ran just outside the club's doors maybe he was a horn player who left his horn on the train and they made him sing his parts. Leaving your horn is easy to do and has in fact happened to me and my horn is a tuba. People get pissed at you sometimes when you bring a tuba somewhere so you can only imagine how pissed they get at you when you forget and  leave it and try to explain how it was an accident.  

Anyway this guy had great pipes and a little internet research shows that he's the owner of the used record store right across the street from the Continental Club called Sig's Lagoon. We bought records there. More on this later but right now get down with some Closeaux.


You know people ask me all the time how I find this stuff. I don't know. It finds me.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger