Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Observations of Spring Nation Wide...

Regular readers may note we have had a couple of trips lately. One went south and not in a bad way and the other went north. It's after dark as I write this or I would make a picture of my yard to cover the in between. 

This photo was taken in New Orleans on or about March 26th. It was a bit of a rainy day. Spring springs early in New Orleans, ahead of us here in east Texas so we got a blooming preview of azaleas that were putting on their colors. I was trying for some effect in this photo and I kind of got it but did not get a second try as my camera battery died.  This a small garden area between busy Decatur Street and the bustling French Market area. I capture a few spring blooms, rain slick paving and may be a bit of old south feel and no people even though people are all around. 

Skip up a couple of weeks and we are in Chicago. According to everyone we talked to it's the first good weekend in a long time. The day we arrived was rainy and humid, not too different from the day we left in Texas but it cooled and cleared into sunny spring overnight and it seemed like all we talked to had spring fever. Only thing was the trees and flowers were not getting the message. This photo was made April 10th on Katie and Peter's street and there are no blooms, no buds, no green on the trees. There is a bit of green grass by the sidewalk but that is what has been fertilized by city animals leading their humans around by leash on snowy evenings the past few chilling months. 

I would make a photo of my yard. It's pretty green. It's very wet. It might take rubber boots, a machete, a weed eater, a boat or something else to capture the feel, the look of the East Texas spring. It's after dark and while I could have waited to write this and made a picture tomorrow things might change and the seasons move on. Better we did it like this, now. 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger