Thursday, June 04, 2015

New Car Day...

Last thing I thought I would do yesterday is buy a new car.  I certainly was not thinking about it when I woke up that day as I usually do with bullfrogs on my mind. It was a deal that we just could not refuse on a used 2013 Ford C-Max with 28,000 miles.

That's not white, I'm calling it Pearl. New cars are not real colorful. A salesman on the Honda lot explained it to me yesterday is that Americans don't. want color, they want comfort. That is exactly the opposite of what I think. I'll ride down the road on a bucket if it's red but I will expect the bucket to have a good stereo. 

It's a hybrid. Ford shares a patent on the hybrid technology with Toyoda. They are the second best selling hybrid behind Toyoda. I traded in my old Toyoda which has been a great car getting me through some leaner times about 10 years ago when I needed a cheap car with good gas mileage. I can't talk bad about Toyoda but this Ford is made in the USA by Union workers with the same features and value as one of the best selling foreign cars. 

As I say, I would have liked a bright color but it does have a cool name. That stands for Carl Max. It was a car originally sold by Al Meyer in Lufkin, traded in and I bought it off the used lot there. As I say, a good deal, easy and Jordan was the salesman. First car I have bought in Lufkin in 15 years as I have usually found better prices and easier deals out of town.

I was looking for a hatch back type car with good gas mileage. I need the hatchback room for musical gear hauling and this more than fills the bill on that. I want the gas mileage because it makes me feel all warm inside and like getting up and dancing around in my underwear. A trip across town this morning shows that driving 7 miles I used 0.1 gallons of gas. 

I did not shop Toyoda yesterday as I kind of knew the pricing and was familiar with the features. I did stop at Honda, Nissan and shopped Mitsubishi  which are on the Ford lot. I liked the Honda Fit. Fit my needs for a hatchback, liked how the back seats folded up or down for cargo and acceptable gas mileage. There was also one model upscale and I forget the name that also looked promising. Mary was with me taking some car buying lessons as she will soon be shopping and she thought that lightweight floor construction on the Hondas would not hold up to my big stomps. Nissan hatchbacks were good on the price but back seats did not fold completely flat for sliding in a big closed back Fender Amp cabinet. Mitsubishi hatchbacks are made in Thailand. They are a part of the Ford family but are very welterweight autos. I don't think the will take a hit by a deer like my Toyoda did with only one small fist sized dent. Larger than life Americans probably need to steer clear. 

I wrote a song one time about a Delta 88 Oldsmobile I bought in 1984. I have not wrote meany songs since then so while the Rocket 88 is a legend it was not my muse. No car since then as had a song. What rhymes with C Max? 

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That’s a nice-looking hybrid! I guess you can work on the paint job later, and have a color that is more to your liking, but I think its fuel tech is enough for an incentive. Cheers!

Diane Wilson @ Fletcher Chrysler

9:18 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

Thanks for you comments and for visiting this blog.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger