Sunday, August 16, 2015

A Reunion of Old Friends...

We made a very nice weekend in the Austin area. We met up with Morgan and Ali and Mary and Miguel went with us. We did the town up right but one of the things we planned was to meet up with some old school friends of Cathy's that she had not visited with in 20 years. I had met them but I think Cathy has seen them since I have so it's been a bit longer for me. We won't make it so long before we get together next time. 

Here is Cathy and (These folks use made up names for facebook and I'll use them here. Makes things so much more fun and mysterious and makes you wonder who these folks are with names like these when they send you that friend request) Colors Magika. They go back to like senior year of high school but we will just leave that to be that and look to the future.  The wet hair is a result of a late night swim in Lake Travis. The paintings in the back ground are her originals and there are more on all the other walls.

Here's me and Colors Magika's husband Lostin Austin. We did not swim. We talked about music, the things that nobody else wants and the two items that Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top carries in his pocket. Lostin Austin knows because he has done some driving and riding  for and with the little old band from Texas. Don't worry, they are not scary or bad things and you probably have them in your house. It's simply one of those things that separates the men from the boys, the light from the dark and the blues from the black.  You won't have them when you need them if you are not carrying them. Now go on, get your own two things to carry around. 


Ok They still goof like high school girls when they get together. Colors and Lostin have been a couple for 42 years. 


They kind of still look like high school girls even if they got a bunch of kids and grand kids between them. 

So in case you think I just got a bunch of photos of the girls here's a photo from the movie set of the 2004 film "The Alamo." That's Lostin and Dennis Quaid. Cathy says he aint changed a bit, not for the movie, not for anybody. 



Sunset over Lake Travis. It was a great evening and they say Willie Nelson is just three miles down the road. Maybe the girls need to come in from swimming. 





1 Comments:

Blogger colorsmagika said...

Super special magiK moments. I So love how you wrote about it <3

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger