Tuesday, August 04, 2015

I'm Good With People So Let's Do This...

One time I went to a marriage encounter workshop or some sort of thing like that. It's been so long ago I forgot what they called it. I did take my wife. We went not because there were any problems but seemed like a nice thing all sensitive to do and then feel all good, go out for a nice dinner (it was not local) in a different town at a new place and well you probably have been in some sort of situation like this before yourself. 

To this day I think about that weekend occasionally and the married couple that taught it. I don't think it was the first marriage for either one of them but they were trying hard and trying to get other couples to try hard also.  I remember that the woman, and they kind of sold this to me at the time, got the man to show that his love was so strong for her that they picked the opening day of dove season to marry. The man loved dove hunting and the way they put it was that he gave up something very important to marry her and so henceforth would never have the pleasure of an opening day hunt because he would always be with her celebrating their anniversary.  

This seemed pretty cute and as I sat in a room full of people who were all trying to get something or other out of this I just went along. Now I think back on this and see that there are 364 other days in the year to get married on and there is no way I would take away something that was important to my wife as that woman took away the man's opening day dove hunt. 

So I think I can run this marriage encounter thing a bit better. It will take place at the lake. I'll supply boat, gas and sunscreen. You will pay a small fee and bring cold drinks. It will be a team work exercise involving cooperation, communication, patience and understanding. You can cuss a little bit but not at each other. Your goal will be to mount an inner tube together to be towed behind a fast moving boat. Here's how we do it. 
Some one has to be the anchor. The tube swings outside the wake better with the heavy on the bottom. 

You know the foundation. The bottom. Note the skilled handlers we have on our staff to assist you with your every team building need. 

Then you have balance things. 

and when you think you got it...

Away you go. 

After a while it get's easy and you can be silly. 

and you really start having fun. 

Then you want other people to have the same fun even if it involves some growing pains. 

Looks like one of those Hindu dancing fertility gods. 

One thing to member is you should never hurt your team mate. Don't step in his back. Don't push his head under the water. Remember cooperation, communication, patience and understanding. It will serve you well. 

I think our services will be of use to you. Oh yeah, you need to be able to swim just a little bit. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger