Thursday, September 24, 2015

Wine Box Guitar...

With the temperature cooling a bit I worked on a wine box guitar build this week. Still a bit of sweat drips from my brow so I am not starting any nice paper boxes yet but a little body oil on this all wood project just added to the mojo voodoo thing that starts to happen when you depart from any idea you are going to come up with a song or sound that is going to be like anything else in the world. 




Of course it's electric. It has dual piezo pickups. Sounds pretty decent through my 2watt 9 volt powered home made amp. Have not tried it through a big amp. 


This guitar is played with a slide. It's neck is from a failed project and has fret markers that are just a hair off because the scale length turned out a bit different but hey we are not trying to be Luke Bryan, the Foo Fighters or Miley Cyrus here. I can live with a bit less and besides when I get an instrument sounding like I like I usually break it so it sounds that way all the time. This guitar is for sale. Since it's has some cast off parts I'll let it go for $65.

Be sure to check out my booth at the St. Patrick's gift and craft fair on Oct 3rd at the church. Me and my celebratory endorser, Bill Cooney will be playing, singing and hopefully selling some guitars.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger