Sunday, January 10, 2016

I Guess I Was Not Home When He Came By...

Judging from the uproar on the internet Obama took up yawl's guns last week. I was gone duck hunting so I guess I missed the call or whatever it was everyone else responded to and I still have mine. I did vote for him and I think maybe I was the only one but I really don't think this is some kind of special treatment or surely I would have been invited to the White House or received an ambassadorship to a wretchedly ethnic country where it's too hot to wear clothes and the national anthem is a cumbia. 


Maybe we were overlooked because we were up early trying to catch the worm so to speak. Here's Mary navigating the canoe before dawn. Thank you Mary for helping old dad watch where he's going, backing him on drums and otherwise keeping ,me safe and respectable. The other kids do their part but Mary is handy to keep a thumb on me. 

I don't know whose reflection that is but that's Mary stalking the backwater carrying the old Winchester single shot shotgun my dad gave me when I began my hunting career. It has seen a lot of action and I expect it always will. It's a good all purpose item. I once saw the same model in the military museum at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo. Shotguns like this were apparently issued to various isolated mountain tribes in the Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia region during the Vietnam War so the locals could harass the Communist backed troops in the region. That does not seem to have made much of a difference in outcomes of our interventions in that area but I bet these old shotguns brought plenty of monkey meat to the table and there was no worry like happens when some insurgent group you just gave shoulder fired anti aircraft missiles to changes alliances.  

We stashed the canoe under a bushy tree. One bunch of about 15 ducks made a circle looking at our decoys but went on their merry way. Maybe they spotted us or the canoe. I don't know. I do have some camo tank netting but it's a bit bulky for the stripped down operation we are running. 

I got about three good photos of this(not swimming in my belly) hawk.  I used one on facebook and here is another. I can't decide which one is the best. He's kind of like Obama I guess. He did not see me. 



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger