Saturday, January 23, 2016

Night Rider Gets Her Polar Bear Badge...

You may have noticed a few bicycle riding photos in recent reports I make in this space and on facebook posts. It's a hobby we took up after having some fun on bikes during our last Chicago visit. 

I like bike riding as exercise. Cathy likes bike riding because she likes the idea of using the bike to be a less polluting/consuming citizen. It does both. Since we live 5 miles from the loop we keep bikes at Mary and Miguel's. We drive there, park the car and use the bikes to get around town. Our adventure errands are Standpipe Coffee, Old Souls Food Truck, the bank, my mom's house and retail type shopping as we need it. Our last big ride was a visit to most thrift stores in town. 

Cathy does drive to Mary's for her bike and then rides it to and from work. She works the night shift. This morning on the way home she got the polar bear badge for a ride that was either a freezing 32 degrees or a chilling 27 depending on which phone app you use. After some feed back about her visibility here is Cathy saddling up for work and the new lights that were a Christmas present from the PK.
Hey wait a minute. I just noticed that no one gave me bike lights for Christmas. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger