Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Thanks For All The Birthday Wishes...

Three things gonna happen in January. There is going to be a State of the Union Address by the President of the United States. We are going going to celebrate Martin Luther King Day. I'm going to have a birthday. I hope those first two things are going to be around for a very long time because they are very important. I don't know how long I'll be here but so far I have wracked up 21,535 days on the planet. They have been good days and I would like to thank all the folks that wished me a happy birthday today. It's made me feel all important and loved. It's easy these days with social media to send a quick birthday greeting but as I note all the folks sending me greetings I can surely say that in all these days on Earth something has passed between us that was real and meaningful. 

I had to work today but got off early and my co workers took me out to lunch. I had dinner tonight with my mom and I while I was off over last weekend I did not do any great things other that read the books and listen to the music my wife gave me as gifts, fish a little and bicycle around town at a leisurely pace. In fact I looked pretty much this weekend just like I did in this old photo. 

I do have a bit of a get away scheduled for the next weekend I am off work. A lot of planning went into it a couple of months ago. We kind of imagined a getaway to Galveston in the winter months. A nice hotel with a heated pool, quiet dinners, and browsing the museums. Something to recharge the batteries with no distractions of dawn patrol surf fishing like in the summer. 

Well it looks like that might not happen. Come to find out it's Mardi Gras in Galveston. Into the belly of the beast. I might be old but it looks like I am not through yet. Besides, if I slow down what will I write about for the blog? 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger