Sunday, February 12, 2017

White Bass Report...

The grandkids came and we made a run to the Sabine River for some bank fishing to check on the white bass. Looks like boaters that had been out early were doing well. They are not quite in full swing from the bank and we caught 8 fat white bass. That may not seem like many but it fed 5 adults and two kids with a little bit of left overs. White bass are not quite the fine eating that Rayburn channel cats are but we won't turn down fresh fish ever.

Warren holds up one. With only 8 caught it's hard to make a scientific analysis but it seems a plain curly tail jig out fished the roadrunner today.  


One reason we like that Sabine is that there is plenty of sand for the kids to play in. 



Also a good place of a picnic lunch. 


Grandma fishes while the kids play. 


Once up on a time I was a dangerous dude. Nowadays I breeze right past homeland security in the airport and the game wardens drove right up, launched their boat and paid zero attention to me standing there fishing.  


While I fried fish we had a little crawfish to go from T-Boy's in Huntington. I think I got to do about everything I liked to do yesterday. I fished, I cooked, my mom came out, and the grandkids were there. I did not play guitar but that's ok. The grandkids were well aware that this was not "the big fish fry." 


Contrast to the grinnel fisherman in the last blog post is the fly fisherman. Several fly fishers on the river yesterday. 


The catch. 






Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger