Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Catfish in Shallow Water...

 After careful study of the weather forecast and much planning we made it out to the lake Monday afternoon. It paid off with 17 shallow water cats. We tried a couple of deep water spots since that was the last know location but they have moved up and hopefully will stay shallow till May. 

Nice size to the fish. All in about 6' of water. WE caught them under slip corks. Here's on more photo of Cathy with a catfish. 

How about me with a fish? I did catch a few. 


Cathy caught several of the nicer ones with a regular old Carolina type rig on the bottom. 

Pretty good mess of fish. We left them biting and will go back for more another day. We fried up a few of these right fresh and I used my new vacuum food saver to package up several two person meals that should be a quick thaw out for easy meals. 

I know people have been wondering, "did I miss a big fish fry? There has not been one in awhile." No you have not missed one. With the colder and wetter than normal winter and various family affairs we did not do a Mardi Gras Fish Fry. We will let you know. 

Now you have the fishing low down. Here's my relationship advice for the day. Marry a girl that cleans fish. 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger