Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Fish Hard Day 5 and the Week Comes to a Close...

We had guests Roy and Nancy on the boat today to close out fish hard week. We had never fished together before but you would not have known it as we managed 45 catfish in a little over two hours of fishing time.

It was a really great day on the lake that included a great air show sky dance by the resident bald eagles that took place right over our heads and ended with a bunch of these cats swimming in my belly. 

I wish I had took more photos but we were so busy catching and having a really good visit that we will just have to do with these. 

We have seen a few innovations, new baits and tactics. Nancy impaled a tube jig body on a treble hook and stuffed it in the punch bait. She made long casts to the center of the creek channel and the tube body held the bait in and the cats liked it.  


Of course Cathy caught fish. Looks like we went through one gallon of J.Piggs and one gallon of a new bait we tried CJ's. There are several flavors of CJ's. We use Monster, Minnow, Shad and Grasshopper flavored baits. All caught fish. I caught a lot of fish on the grasshopper, it's a pleasing green color but the others stay on the hook better. I not on his web site CJ is offering reduced shipping and says if you want 8 gallons call first. Sounds like he might make a deal. If he can beat the price I am paying now I might switch.

Another thing I tried and this helped when making a longer cast to deeper water with the slip cork was putting a bit of the Gulp Power Bait Earth Worms on the hook and dipping it in punch Bait. It helped to make sure some bait arrived in the fishing zone. I'll try those Gulp baits out with the grandkids using them this summer.   


No big fish but plenty of eaters. 


Roy and Nancy like fishing but had never have fished using our tactics. Cathy gives a few pointers. They caught on quick and Roy can clean fish. 


The crew for fish hard day 5 called it quits at 7:45pm. Total fish for 5 days 206. 


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger