Sunday, April 08, 2018

Fish Hard Week Day 4...

Fish Hard Week Day 4 got off to a rugged start. We drove to Hank's Creek and both boat ramps were closed due to high water. We continued on down to Monterey Park and the boat would not start. Would not even turn over. We returned home, read the owners manual over lunch and it turned out to be a blown fuse. With the fuse replaced we headed out and launched at Shirley Creek.

It was a wise decision as the first fish of the day, caught by Cathy weighed 10 pounds 6 ounces. Her brother Matt performed net duties. This is a rod and reel record for the boat. We have caught bigger on floating noodle lines. 

No eggs in this big girl. Blue cats have probably already spawned. 


One thing to note is this guy on the other side of the trees. We often fish that area but we are tight to the brush. He's a little off shore. I think if you fish an area like we do passing boats soon say we see that boat there all the time. 


If you want to see even more photos of Cathy and big cat check Instagram. 


Final total for the day was 53 cats. Total for fish hard week is 161 fish. We have one more trip planned tomorrow. 
  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger