Friday, April 06, 2018

Fish Hard Weekend Day Two...

We Got to the lake at noon. We fished till 3pm. We took home 41 cats with the biggest a 5 pound blue cat. Cathy fished the front of the boat and I fished the back probing a creek channel edge about 9 ft. deep. Seemed to make no difference. They were in both places. 

Here's the big blue. I rigged up a shy bite rig with a light foam bobber on spinning gear with 8 pound test. This fellow put up quite a fight on that rig. You probably know by now that there is a back story to everything I do and everything I have. I gave my dad that rod for father's day maybe 35 years ago. It's wore out a couple of reels during that time and put a lot of meat in the boat. 


The Cathy and Catfish photo. I was worried about running out of bait and did not order by internet from my usual bait supplier, J. Piggs so I went down to the big box sporting goods store and picked up some CJ's. It has been working just as good. It's grasshopper flavored.  

What kind of tree is this? Catfish like to be under it. It's not willow, it's not Cyprus and I don't think it's buck brush. 


The crew for supper tonight. Ezra had his first fried catfish. He ate two small fillets. 
A friend from church came by and left with a big bad of fillets and we donated 7 pounds of fillets to the Joseph House Hospice today so the residents can have a nice fish dinner.  


Fish hard week will continue. Stay tuned for the next report. The main ramop at Hank's is closed and the campground attendants are freaking over the prediction of storms so we may be launching down the lake tomorrow.   

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger