Wednesday, April 04, 2018

The Bath...

At the recent Pearland Crawfish Boil we got a room. People tell us to do that all the time. This was a chain hotel and I think it was Best Restroom or something like that. We booked the room because Morgan and Ali had other guests expected and we let them have the extra space at the house by staying off site.

I think Cathy booked this particular place because their website advertised a hot tub.  We have a hot tub and enjoy a soak to old tired bodies several or more times a week so this would be a plus to keep up the routine. As we pulled into the place Cathy suddenly remembered she forgot a bathing suit and as I did not know of the hot tub it had not occurred to me to bring a suit. Have no fear I told her. There next door to the motel stood corporate giant retail sales in the form of Walls-Mart. In our soon to be controlled by tariffs spirit of American consumerism we just we go next door and buy another one. 

No matter that I have approximately five thrift store bathing suits at home (I am on it this morning. What a band name Mudbelly and the thrift store bathing suits.) I can cram one more into already overflowing drawers, which is just one more thought to ponder. Anyway before we get to far out to sea and ship to shore communications get iffy the hot tub at the motel was broken. We did not need a suit.

There was a nice pool area and it made a good place to sit in the pleasant spring weather. I took these photos of a grackle, all fat and slick from grazing of spilled chips, pop corn and French fries in the Walls-Mart parking lot as it took a bath in a little waterfall feeding the pool. 





All clean. See you later. 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger