Saturday, March 10, 2018

Another Fishing Report...

Rose, Tim and the grandkids Coraline and Warren are in for a visit and what better to do than go fishing. It was a good trip with 22 cats in the boat. We cooked all of them and had a real big good supper. There might have been enough left for Mary if she had come but Miguel would have had to do without. 


Tim and Warren Cooperate on a fish. 


Big fish of the day. Tim puts a three pound channel in the boat. 


Cathy and her swampers run the boat to the trailer. 


Another good look at that three pounder. 


Rose, Coraline, Warren and Tim pose for the tub full shot. 

I usually don't fish the weekends so it was kind of an unusual day for us. Boat ramp parking lot was pretty full. Fishing on the week days it's busy if there are 6 or 8 cars. No one fished near us so our secret spot remains secret but there were quite a few bass boats that sped by us at high speed. We have a good size boat so no danger from the waves but considering how big the lake is there is plenty of room to go around.

I guess I am just an old timer and remember where all the flooded forest was when the lake came in so there are places where I am cautious and concerned that I might hit a stump. I don't think people know about these places or even know where the boat cuts are anymore.  

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger