Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I'm Voting for Beto...

In November I'll be voting for Beto O'Rourke. If you know me you probably knew that already and I have the sign in the yard and the bumper sticker on the car.  I had an invite this past weekend to hear Beto speak at a private fundraising brunch. Later that afternoon he spoke at a public rally in Nacogdoches. I like his message. 

This message is old school LBJ Democrat and in fact he invoked Lyndon at several turns. Sure LBJ was a complicated man. He passed some great social legislation but he screwed up a war. He's definitely of the school that we see too much of in that there is bad to be taken with the good. There is a lot of good in Beto's plans. He talks about working together, Democrats and Republicans. It's gonna take everyone at the table. He speaks of fiscal conservatism when we spend money to solve problems. He speaks of addressing healthcare, mental health and immigration in ways that add to our economy. I think we all agree on that this is important. 

Here's a photo of about a third of the folks at the gathering this weekend. You can just see me and Cathy in the back. 

It was a kindergarten friend that invited me here and I saw a couple of more old high school friends. One leaned in to me and said "it does my heart good to see so many elderly southern white males supporting a Democrat." While there is always room to change your mind I think a good many in this room were young Democrats once. It's just a time for them to be out in force.    

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger