Friday, November 30, 2018

Live Oak Listening Room Music...

Last night the Live Oak Listening Room hosted singer songwriter David Olney. I have one CD by this guy and of course with the opportunity presenting last night I bought his latest. This is music you have to seek out. It won't be brought to you by a radio station playing the latest hits and won't be on a major network talent show. It is music that will make you consider love, politics, various human predicaments and spirituality.  

The alt-country magazine No Depression had an issue recently that took up the subject of how music and people move through our world. Since David's new release covers some of these topics the magazine asked him to expand on his thoughts in an essay. You can here an clip from the album as well as read the essay HERE.

Bass player Dan Seymore provided lyrical accompaniment. I noted from a visit to his facebook page
in one of those cosmic connections he attended the University of Illinois at Carbondale, the same as my sister in law. Go Salukis!   

Again, thanks to the Live Oak crew for putting this show on. Nice evening in a quiet listening, storytelling environment. 


Here's a clip of Cathy's favorite song of the evening. 



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger