Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Jazzy Christmas...

Got in a little Holiday Cheer last night but first we did some bartering with friends Suzy and Charlie. We traded them sushi for a couple of extra tickets they had to see Wynton Marsalis and The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra which was presented by the Angelina Arts Alliance. Nancy and Roy also joined us at dinner and the we all trooped over to the Temple Theater at Angelina College for a great show titled "Big Band Holidays."   

That's Wynton, first trumpet on the left. He's a new Orleans guy but trained in the classical as well as jazz.  Wynton's a big fan of old time jazz, swing, blues and harmony which he has said are some of what he considers the fundamentals of jazz. He and Cathy share a feeling in the fact that free, modern jazz makes them want to slap someone. This group performed all the Christmas classics with most arrangements done by the band  members. 


Once again there's great, big time live music in Lufkin. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger