Sunday, December 02, 2018

Big Blue Cats...

No I am not have a psychedelic experience where I am seeing large felines covered in blue fur. I am seeing the big blue catfish we caught at Lake Sam Rayburn yesterday. Me, along with Cathy and her brother Matt hooked some good ones and ended up with the days total being 37. 

Cathy clowns with the big cats. I had a 6, Cathy had a 5 and Matt had a four pounder. That
s about 17 pounds of catfish on the hoof in this photo. 

Matt nets for Cathy. Note the dingy water color from the run off of recent rains. Cat fish did not mind. In sheltered areas the sun was warm but on the open lake the west wind was chilly. Water is 34' deep at this spot. When you are on the lake all those stumps that have "MB" for mudbelly spray painted on them? Stay away, they are mine. 


The big white pelicans have migrated down from the north. In this photo you may notice the water turkeys perched in the tall dead trees. That little group of pelicans swam all the way across the lake directly to them. It's the lead pelicans job to know that those turkeys pooping in the water draws the shad to the surface for easy snatching and eating. He does his job well. 


Lakeside fall colors. 


The whole pile. 


Of course an impromptu fish fry broke out on our arrival home. You wonder what makes our kind? It's catching and frying fish all the time. 





Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger