Monday, December 31, 2018

Last Catfishing Trip of the Year...

Rose, Warren and Coraline joined us for the last catfishing trip of the year. We caught 29, mostly in shallow water under slip corks with Rose scoring a 3.3 pound blue cat from deep water. I say last catfishing trip of the year and it will be the last till I replace my fishing license and everything else in my wallet that somehow came to be missing during this trip.  

Cathy and the grandkids try to figure out who is most responsible for this catch. I did the total for the year today and looks like we have caught 572 fish, mostly catfish but some bream and bass for good measure. I did not count fish caught at the beach or at Pop's pond since they were mostly released but I would imagine that should put us easily over 600. There were a good many canoe trips during the year, a bunch of swimming and skiing trips and it looks like there were about 21 trips where fishing was the main business that produced these fish.  


Old Pop Pop gets a hand on a fat blue cat. 


So despite all this fish we really do not have a huge stock on hand. There was a big family reunion fish fry, a lot of small get home from the lake impromptu parties and we gave quite a bit of fish away to anyone that went on a trip with us. 

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fishorama

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger