Friday, August 16, 2019

Our Travels...

 As is with all our trips the adventures and things seen will often brew up in my mind and I write about them long after they happen. This latest trip covered 2121 (no that's not the year I run for president) miles and nine states. Lets see if I can run them down. There was Arkansas, Missouri, a brief bit of Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, a piece of Georgia we just clipped, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.  


We visited cousin Mary in Missouri and dined at Lambert's the home of the throwed rolls. We spent the night here.

There was a lunch visit to cousin Carolyn and husband Doug in Kentucky. Great fun, I think as couples we are a lot alike. 


In their area of  Kentucky there is a Mennonite Community. Men in hats and suspenders drive buggies and you see women in long dresses carrying baskets walking down the roads. I could go for some of that life if blog writing is ok.  


As we traveled I think we saw a bit of every thing being grown in great green fields. Not really sure what state this is but a tobacco crop with an old barn standing in the back ground. I heard the tobacco companies have already figured out that global warming is great for their plants. The warm increasingly tropical weather makes the plant grow faster and the rising temperature dries the leaves better. I guess if we all start smoking this global warming won't really be as much a concern as expected. We will have other things to worry about.   

In addition to a night spent in Indiana with Cathy's sister Margaret and family, a night in Kentucky for the Railbird Fest, a night in Alabama when we got tired of driving we finished with dinner at Chase, Diamond and HD's in Shreveport. Some of these events are pictured by smallc101 on Instagram. 

That's a nine state hat right there beside you in the car. 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger