Tuesday, October 22, 2019

October Catfish Report...

I may have missed one recent catfish report but I think yesterday's trip was remarkable enough I'll post the results for all to analyze. 

Final catch was 23. No great ol big ones but just a bunch of tasty eating size channel cats. You can see they were enough to make Cathy grunt and bend a pole. 

I tried to catch the two at a time action but all I really got was my camera wet. 


 We left the house about 2:30. Just for the record water temps were 75 degrees so we hit a shallow water spot to try slip corking. No luck there. Water that was 15 feet deep this spring when the lake was overfull was less than 2 feet. No bites so we headed out to 28 feet to find these fish laying right on the bottom. Wind was from the north. We quit fishing at 5pm and headed home to cook. 

I have made good photos of East Texas Fall Colors on this bank but none showing up yet. 

Cathy is working on being  celebrity endorser for Heineken00 Non alcohol beer, Zatarain's fish fry, Yamaha guitars and Melinda's Hot Sauce.   


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger