Friday, April 28, 2023

The Wood Brothers...

We saw the Wood Brothers at Hogs for the Cause in New Orleans back in 2015. We saw them again this year at Old Settlers Music Festival. That first show make me go out and buy several of their CDs and this with this performance they have really up the game since 2015.  
With brothers Oliver on guitar, Chris on bass and multi instrumentalist Jano Rix this is what music should be like, songs of grace, hope and love made by family. 

Note the instrument held by Jano. It's not a guitar but actually a milked up percussion instrument called the "shuitar." There are some pretty good photos of it in my old blog post I linked. 

The Brothers draw from many different genres of music but one thing I noticed is that there is never too much going on at one time with various players laying out but never leaving the ensemble feeling less full only to come back in with good dynamics to climax the music.   




Oliver Wood is a guitarist after my own heart. I enjoyed this Premier Guitar Rig Run Down episode detailing his gear and how he looks for guitar sounds where Oliver says if everyone else sounds like this he does his best to sound like that. I think that's important because I find that in the internet age we musicians can all read the same thing on the internet sometime and get caught up in the "flavor of the moment."  


Chris Wood is a good dancer. The smoke and white lights of the stage were particularly effective in highlighting his funky moves  


The Wood Brothers music makes me happy and with family singing and playing in such a positive way I think you will like it too. 





 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger