Monday, May 01, 2023

Slow Fishing Report...


It was a fine morning for canoe fishing and even with my malfunctional camera lens closure that leaves a smudge on seemingly only the best photos a good day for pictures, bird and turtle watching. My fishing log shows that in the past I have been piling up the big bull bream this time of the year but I could not find them today. 

I wish there was some way to measure the erosion of this point separating the two coves at Hanks Creek. In years past spring time fishing has yielded many a white bass in this spot but either because
of the changed topography or something else I have not been able to arrive at the same time they do for several years now.        

Is this a turkey? 

The campground was a hub of activity with work underway on the campsites that spent several months flooded a couple of years ago and then there was a truck spraying the vegetation growing from the riprap protecting the camps from eroding and at the boat ramp rocks also. 

Spraying is the name of the game on area lakes and I can understand controlling invasive species like giant salvinia that can destroy life in a lake. I saw a spray boat in the parking lot of HEB the other day but this spraying is to prevent old trash trees and weeds from undermining the rocks. It's something a crew could do by hand. 

I hate to be a pessimist but I noted no protective gear in use and one day when this guys doc gives him a cancer diagnosis he will say:

Did you spray chemicals?
Did you work in the sun?
Did you eat Wieners?
Three strikes you are out!        


I am a turtle. Are you a turtle too? 

Turtle swimming under the canoe. 

Two fish was all I could manage. I think we had more bull bream on the last camping trip to Hanks. I'll either hit the catfish next time or if canoeing head over to B.A. Steinhagen where there is a good chance for monster bream. 

I did have a new recipe I wanted to try and until I get on the fish check this guy out for action and some good cooking ideas at Outside the Levees.  

On the way home I noticed the cows laying down. That's never good on a fish day.  

 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger